Our barristers have appeared in hundreds of trials, acting as leading counsel in some of the UK’s most complex and high-value civil, commercial and criminal cases
Their recent cases include:
- Successfully defending a SFO prosecution against the former senior partner of a large commercial law firm on trial for corruption charges at Southwark Crown Court. The case concerned allegations that a solicitor facilitated a $120 million boiler room fraud
- Successfully defending a $10 million civil fraud claim based on allegations of an advanced fee fraud
- Successfully defending an £18 million civil fraud claim and fending off a threatened private prosecution when partners of a City of London law firm were alleged to have misappropriated client funds
- Advising a well-known business tycoon in relation to a claim against a bank and a major accounting firm after his arrest by the SFO on allegations that were dismissed without trial
- Performing an advisory role in a $2 billion civil fraud claim in the High Court following allegations by a sovereign wealth fund that billions of dollars had been misappropriated with the assistance of overseas investment bankers
- Obtaining a restraint order against a well known Russian oligarch to support a civil claim being pursued overseas.