Keith Wood is an experienced solicitor specialising in the areas of Serious Fraud, Serious Organised Crime, Asset Confiscation and Money Laundering.
Keith has defended many high profile and complex prosecution brought by the SFO, FCA, Special Casework CPS, SOCA and the City of London Fraud Squad. He is regularly ranked as a leading individual Chambers UK. He is also a VHCC supervisor.
RECENT AND CURRENT CASES
- R v P and others – Ponzi fraud, value in excess of £100m, described as being the at the time the UK’s equivalent to the Madoff scheme.
- R v B and others – a complex multi-handed money laundering/kidnap prosecution involving central plot to defraud the London clearing banks.
- Acted for lead defendant in Operation Pristina, a South Wales police investigation into an organised crime group involving investment banker and a former solicitor responsible for the cultivation of large scale cannabis factories:
- Acting for one of the Directors of Kaupthing Bank in the high profile failed SFO investigation following the collapse of the bank and advising in the subsequent litigation which is still on going
- R v K and another concerning a allegation of bribery and corruption of serving police officers investigating a substantial and high profile fraud: This case has attracted widespread press coverage following the collapse of the case as a result of the disclosure requests our team made of the prosecution.
- R v B and others a major and high profile land banking fraud involving 12 defendants. Keith’s client was the only director acquitted of the case after a 3 month trial.
- R v S, a contested confiscation hearing in which the defence successfully managed to convince the court that there were no “hidden” assets. The benefit figure in that matter was over £22million.
- R v M and S, in which the defendants received a suspended sentence for a major VAT missing trader fraud.
- R v J in which managed to secure pre charge discontinuance for a director facing allegations of a fraudulent asset exchange scheme.
- Advising two City traders facing complex investigation for mis –selling and securing pre charge withdrawal.
- R v J in which Keith is acting for a director of a Legal Services Company facing allegation of theft of money and fraud calculated at over £2m.
- R v T in which secured a suspended sentence for a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection facing prosecution for Fraud having abused the position of trust of the appointment and misappropriated funds.
In addition Keith is currently advising on:
- A substantial fresh evidence “double jeapordy” appeal
- Advising a City firm and its directors facing an investigation by the FCA and City of London police.
- A fraud based upon fraudulently manufacturing reward points from a loyalty scheme.