International Business Development Consultant
Maria is a dual-qualified bilingual lawyer with 20+ years of legal experience, qualified to practise both in
England and in the Russian Federation. Maria has worked in private practice and in-house in London for
a number of international law firms and a major international financial institution. Maria’s Moscow
experience includes working as a chief legal counsel for a large investment bank and a top-ten
international consulting firm. Her most recent experience involved acing as the General Counsel for
an English company which advises high net worth individuals and family offices as well as setting up
her own private client consulting boutique firm.
During her career in private practice Maria has advised clients in a variety of industries including oil
and gas, metals and mining, real estate, banking, telecommunications, agricultural business and
transport. She has also worked on a number of commercial litigation and arbitration cases involving
Maria has been repeatedly recommended for the last 4 years as a leading lawyer working in private
client practice by Citywealth Leaders List. She is a regular speaker at Private Wealth and Private
Investor conferences and round-table seminars organised by Campden Wealth and Adam Smith
Maria is a graduate of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO – University)
and holds a Master Decree in International Finance Law from the London School of Economics and
- Advised a London-based family office structure on cross-border transactions, governance, operations and wealth structuring issues.
- Advised on US$50 million financing of a Gulfstream G550 aircraft acquisition.
- Advised investors on a EUR70 million equity investment and secured lending provided to a group of luxury hotels located on Adriatic cost with the full security package including assignment of management agreement, assignment of insurances, assignment of lease rights, mortgages and account pledges
- Advised on a complex project financing in Uzbekistan in connection with the development of Amantaytau gold fields by a British mining company. Documentation included loan agreement, shareholders’ agreement, completion guarantee, bank accounts agreement, intercreditor deed, debenture, share charges, direct agreements and various project documents
- Advised an arranger on a US$180 million pre-export financing of a large Russian oil company with security over oil export contracts, domestic sale contracts and offshore bank accounts
- Advised a financial investor on a US$65 million equity financing of a group of reinsurance companies in Russia and Ukraine, negotiating shareholders’ agreements and subscription agreements